Key AntHill features
- License: Apache License v2.0
- Officially supported platforms are Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Open Solaris
- Network abstraction layer under TCP/UDP/Shared Memory
- Standard scaling and fail-overing algorithms
- Extensible architecture and API
- High performance and productivity
- Full tread-safe and STLPort is supported optionally
- Open Source and fully free for use and deploy
- Documentation, tutorials and code snippets free and easy accessible
- Commercial support is available
Core AntHill features
- API for building reliable network is available
- Standart scaling and regex coordinators for support scaling algorithms are available
- Standart fail-over and broadcast coordinators for support fail-over algorithms are available
- Base and binary encoder and decoder are included
- Binary decoder and encoder for primitive datatypes are included
AntHill library layers
- Transport layer responsible for transport expansibility. It has own interface to work with and a few implementation such us SHM, TCP and UDP. Each transport implemented as independent module or library (.so or .dll).
- Scaling/Fail-over layer responsible for algorithm expansibility. It communicate with transport layer interface to be independend from speciffc transport and has own interface to extend scaling/fail-over algorithms. Also this layer has a few implemented scaling/fail-over algorithms.
- Application protocol layer responsible for protocol expansibility. It communicate with scaling/failover layer interface to be independend from speciffc transport and scaling/fail-over algorithms and has own interface to to work with protocol. Also this layer may contain some specific for application protocol implementation of the scaling/fail-over algorithms.
More documentations available online.